Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Finally, The Book Concludes

This has been a fun ride. The book caused me a ton of grief but it's done. I enjoyed the book, I found the movie version and I bought another book by le Carré. I think that's pretty successful for being just one book. The last line in the book really hit me, "Spying is waiting"(353). It made sense, but not just for spying, but with everything. I feel like it has a deeper meaning. It is cliché, but that's okay; not every meaning has to be obscure. Just like spying, finding what you truly want in your life takes time. You must wait for it to fall into place or else you might be depriving yourself of something greater. Basically, the entire book is one big message, with different messages for each reader. I took out that life isn't always what you expect it to be. Amazing things can happen in some of your darkest days. This may not be what the author wanted me to take out from it but that's how I feel. The book, looking a little dusty and hidden, popped out to me for a reason. I was brought along on a ride that made every little image and conversation something more meaningful than it had to be.